Please take a moment to read the policies set forth by J.L. Jordan Photography. By hiring J.L. Jordan Photography, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
LICENSING AND RIGHTS
Under current copyright laws, ownership of all photos belongs entirely to Justin L. Jordan (“PHOTOGRAPHER”), owner of J.L. Jordan Photography. The Photographer retains all rights to photos unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, and only licenses the use of the images to the Client for marketing purposes.
Possible Uses for a Standard License:
- Uploading to the MLS for the purpose of marketing a property for sale (please note that syndication to multiple websites is permitted, but ownership of the photos does not transfer)
- In-house brochures or mailing pieces promoting your company
- Use in portfolios, office displays, power point presentations, annual reports and trade show prints
- Submittal to design competitions and public relations releases
- Submittal to editors and publishers for review
- Use on the internet including personal or company website or social media
- Images, in digital form, may be stored and printed for in-house project sheets, proposals and other short-run projects
- *Editorial, newspapers, special interest magazines, etc.
Exclusions (contact me for additional pricing):
- Billboards (including box trucks)
- Widely Circulated Magazines (over 300k)
*Editorial usage requires photo credit in this format: Photos by J.L. Jordan Photography
PERIOD OF USE
The standard license permits the use of images for up to one year. An extended license may be purchased for use that goes beyond this time frame.
The Photographer reserves the right to issue a separate license to additional parties for an additional fee determined by the Photographer. If exclusive use of the photos is required, please notify the Photographer.
If you receive a request to use the photos by a third party please direct them to me for pricing and the issuing of a separate license. Any usage of the images by a third party, including but not limited to, architects, builders, stagers, designers, sellers or buyers, is strictly prohibited.
RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES
The Photographer is an independent contractor, and shall not be deemed to be an employee of the Client. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by this agreement. Neither party is authorized to act as agent or bind the other party except as expressly stated in this agreement. The Photographer and the photos or any other deliverables prepared by the Photographer shall not be deemed a work for hire as defined under Copyright Law. All rights granted to Client are contractual in nature and are expressly defined by this agreement.
AT THE SHOOT
Your input is important when choosing what to photograph. If you, or an authorized representative cannot be at the shoot, the Photographer will use his best judgment and experience to decide how best to photograph the property, and this shall be deemed acceptable by the Client.
Properties should be properly staged and cleaned before the Photographer arrives.
All agreed upon fees and expenses are due at the time the photos are delivered. J.L. Jordan Photography reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or refuse to schedule subsequent photo shoots until account is made current.
Please notify the Photographer within 24 hours if you will need to cancel the shoot. The full shoot amount will be assessed if the Photographer arrives at the property to find the shoot is cancelled (including denied access to the property and the property not being ready for photos).
There will be no fee assessed for rescheduling due to bad weather. If it is raining at the time of the shoot, the Photographer will continue with the interior shots and return for the exterior shots at another time (no additional charge).